Saturday, September 9, 2017

Always Looking Up, and A Cat Lives Here

Living where we do, our home looks out over fields and the yard is open to the wide blue sky. I've been witness to some of the most beautiful sights: cloud formations, sunrises and sunsets, birds and wild animals, all sorts of things. We've had clear views of eclipses of the moon, and amazing storms. Photographing nature is one of my hobbies, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos.



Full moon rising over town, 9/7/17. It's orange from all the smoke in the sky.


Close up of full moon, 9/7/17.
7-1-12, 5:21 a.m., sunrise from our back yard. Well worth getting up for.


9-23-11, 6:29 a.m., sunrise from our back yard. These are the actual colors, Mother Nature does it best!
 


7-9-17, 9:35 p.m., sunset rays in smoky skies, from our back yard.


6-4-12, a supercell thunderstorm moving in from the west. It was incredible!


7-12-17, 10:24 p.m., looking north, sitting on the deck enjoying the beautiful blue evening.
The outdoor space has always been one of the best things about our home. Though we have tall trees near the house, most of the back yard is open to the sky, and faces north. Luckily our yard is mostly dark at night, and we can even see the northern lights sometimes, though not nearly as often as I'd like.  Every day there's something interesting to look at.

Speaking of interesting things, here's something I noticed yesterday. My husband and I went out of town on an errand, and this is what I saw in the parking lot:

This is where the cat lives?
I love that someone thought it was important to make sure this hole wasn't boarded up so the cat was able to come and go. What a thoughtful thing to do; makes me feel that there is hope in the world, when one person takes the time for such a sweet act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment